Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mail Time!

Well, a few days ago I ordered some Sinicuichi seeds from an online distributer... and they finally arrived! I can't wait to sew a few seeds and see what life pops up :)

Sinicuichi is an herb that was used spiritually by indigenous peoples of Central and South America. When I learned about this plant, I knew I had to try to grow it. As with all plants, if you abuse it, it will abuse you. If I had to stress a topic on anyone, it would be respect for the world and all things in it.

When it was made into a tea and allowed to sulk in the sun, it was said that it captured the knowledge of the sun, creating the "Elixir of the Sun." People that drink the tea say that their vision is tinted yellow. It also is reported that the drinker becomes drowsy and relaxed.

As I mentioned earlier, if you don't respect plants, they won't respect you. Some people have decided to distort the plants spiritual intent to try to legally get "high," but all they do is poison themselves. If you simply enjoy a cup of tea as you would chamomile, you should be good to go.

As always, do your own research on plants and herbs! This is a cool one I wanted to talk a little about.

The scientific name of "Sinicuichi" is Heimia Salicofolia. It's a very interesting herb and I hope you enjoyed reading about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment